With the help of a wedding and party planner in Malaysia, you can start the preparation process right after you and the love of your life get engaged.
- Plan the wedding guest list. How many guests are you planning to invite? Your decision will impact your choice of venue.
- Choose potential wedding date. Double check them to avoid clashes.
- Discuss wedding ideas with your future spouse.
- Set a budget.
- Research on potential ceremony and venue locations.
- If you want, you can organize an engagement party.
A Year Before The Wedding
- Book photographer and videographer.
- Book a venue stylist and wedding planner.
- Contemplate on the kind of wedding dress you want to wear.
- Send out save-the-date cards.
- If possible, enlist the help of friends and family members when it comes to wedding cake, flowers and more.
- Book a ceremony and reception location.
- Look into potential wedding suppliers and services, from the florist, photographer and cake to invitations, decorations, hair, makeup and music.
- Look into wedding insurance options.
- Figure out what kind of entertainment you want for your special day.
2 to 3 Months Before the Wedding
- Purchase wedding accessories, shoes, bowties, hairpieces and more.
- Finalize the outfits of page boys and flower girls.
- It’s time to have a menu tasting with your caterer or venue.
- Send the invitations to your guests.
- Attend wedding dress fittings.
- Order wedding rings.
- Organize your gifts for groomsmen, bridesmaids, parents, and to your husband-to-be.
1 Week Before the Wedding
- Get a massage, manicure, massage and waxing session.
- Do a full wedding dress rehearsal, from the underwear to your wedding veil.
- Pack your overnight bag for the reception.
- Pack for your honeymoon.
- Give your wedding coordinator a list of requests, like a table set ups and other reminders.
- Print the place cards.
- Call the wedding suppliers in order to confirm the arrangements. Make a timeline for the day.
A Day Before the Wedding
- Make sure that the wedding cake will be delivered promptly to the venue.
- Rehearse the wedding ceremony.
- Drop off table cards, place cards, favors, menus and table plans to the reception coordinator.
- Give the wedding professionals emergency phone numbers they can reach out to on the wedding day itself.
- Get a good night’s rest.
Your Wedding Day!
- Give the wedding bands to the best man, so he can hold it during the ceremony.
- Give the gifts for the parents to the bridesmaid and best man after the speeches.
- Flowers must be delivered to where the bride is preparing.
- Give the best man the officiant’s fee envelope. This will be given after the wedding ceremony.
- Introduce your wedding planner to the reception coordinator.